So, year 2016 comes to an end as well. For this year, the target that I had set was of reading 50 books, almost one book a week; I ended up reading 60 which feels nice. Starting this year, I've decided to compile a list of 10 books and put them up on here. Every one of the following titles are highly recommended which would do great service to the reader.
1. Fallen Leaves by Will Durant
2. No God but God by Reza Aslan
3. A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammad Hanif
4. Burnt Shadows by Kamila Shamsie
5. A Malaysian Journey by Rehman Rashid
6. Our Oriental Heritage by Ariel Durant & Will Durant
7. Delhi: A Novel by Khushwant Singh
8. A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
9. Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt
10. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
The following books didn't make the list but are highly recommended as well.
11. 1984 by George Orwell
12. The Greatest by Muhammad Ali
13. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
14. Mort by Terry Pratchett
15. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Can't wait for the new year to begin so I can start on the new target I've set for myself. Due to work commitments and an extremely busy routine overall, I'll try and read 40 books in 2017. Fingers crossed.
Good luck and Happy New Year :)!